SCHOLARSHIP FOR PROFESSIONAL COURSES
1. The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), a Multilateral Development Organization, is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for Muslim Community in India to pursue undergraduate studies, in India. The fields of study should be in development-related disciplines in line with the IsDB President’s new strategy to empower communities with a special focus on Sustainability Science to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
2. The scholarship is a grant to eligible students. After graduation and employment, students must undertake to cover:
a. Either the fees of the first year’s study for a new undergraduate student,
b. Or the fees of the first year of his/her Master’s degree. In this case, the IsDB will support him/her by covering the fees to complete his/her Master’s degree.
3. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have completed 10+2 course with good grades in major subjects and language of instruction.
- Have secured admission in the current academic year in a recognized University.
- Are not currently in receipt of any other scholarship.
- Are committed to serve their community after graduation.
- Accept the scholarship program conditions and sign the IsDB Bond.
4. Selected applicants will pursue their undergraduate studies in any of the following major fields of study:
|Major Fields at Undergraduate Level||Potential Areas of Specialization|
|Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratories, Microbiology, Public Health, Nutrition, Health Services Management, Bio-Medicine, Medical Technology, Veterinary, Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Technology and related fields.||Health|
|Engineering: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Surveying, Urban Planning,||Sustainable Cities|
|Innovation & Infrastructure Development|
|Agriculture and Forestry||Sustainable Agriculture|
|Industrial Technologies||Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics|
|Physics, Geology and related fields||Energy|
|Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication, and Electronics and related fields||ICT for Development|
|Natural Resources, Marine Sciences||Biodiversity|
|Water and Hygiene|
|Law, Media and Journalism, Political Sciences, Entrepreneurships, and related fields.||Development-related Social Sciences|
|Economics||Islamic Economics, Finance and Banking|
|Statistics, Demography Econometrics, and Social Studies||Population Growth|
|Education, Psychology and Learning, Education Policy and International Development||Education|
|Education for Sustainable Development|
5. The scholarship may cover tuition fees and/or monthly stipends, books & clothing allowance and medical coverage through public or university sponsored hospitals, etc.
Last date of Submission of Application was 21.08.2018